Lobster Mac and Cheese
- 1 lb (454 g) Raw Lobster CK (Claw and Knuckle) Meat
- 5 cups (1250 ml) Cooked Farfalle Pasta
- 2 ½ cups (625 ml) 2% Milk
- 1 cup (250 ml) Fontina Cheese
- ½ cup (125 ml) Mascarpone Cheese
- ½ cup (125 ml) Blanched Asparagus, finely sliced on bias
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Brandy
- 1 whole Shallot, finely chopped
- 2 whole Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Brandy (optional)
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Unsalted Butter
- ½ cup (125 ml) All-Purpose Flour
- 1 whole Dried Bay Leaf
- to taste Fresh Ground Cayenne Pepper
- to taste Sea Salt
- to taste Black Pepper
Method for Dish
- Cook pasta and set aside.
- Bring milk, bay leaf and garlic to a gentle simmer.
- Remove pan from heat and allow flavours to infuse for 15 minutes.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and add shallots, sauté until shallots are translucent.
- Incorporate flour with a whisk. Cook at a low temperature until flour is golden in colour. Add brandy.
- Slowly whisk milk into flour mixture until fully incorporated.
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes on low heat, whisking often, until sauce has thickened.
- Add cayenne and black pepper (Note: wait until end to season with salt, lobster will add much flavour.)
- Add lobster and cook in sauce until lobster is close to desired texture.
- Add cheese then the cooked pasta and asparagus, season to taste.
Method for Serving
- Garnish with cooked lobster, grated cheese and slices of asparagus. Serve immediately.