Lobster Risotto Scented with White Chocolate and Saffron
- 4 cups (1 L) Fish or Lobster Stock
- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) Arborio Rice, rinsed
- 1 lb (454 g) Raw Lobster CK (Claw and Knuckle) Meat
- 2 whole Small Shallots, finely sliced
- ¼ cup (60 ml) White Wine
- ¼ cup (60 ml) White Chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup (60 ml) 35 % Cream
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Olive Oil
- 4 whole Saffron Threads
- to taste Salt
- to taste Black Pepper
Method for Risotto
- Heat the stock with the saffron in a pot and reserve.
- Sauté the shallots with oil in a thick bottom pot until translucent.
- Add the rice to the shallots and toast (slightly golden).
- Note: toasting will bring out additional flavour from the rice.
- Deglaze with white wine.
- One ladle at a time, add hot stock to the rice and continue to stir until the rice absorbs the stock.
- Once absorbed, continue to add the stock until the majority is used. Note: rice should have a slight “bite” in texture. Ensure that rice is not over cooked.
- Once the rice has reached desired doneness, add white chocolate and melt.
- Add lobster and cook until desired texture is reached.
- Incorporate cream and season to taste.
Method for Serving
- Garnish with lobster and saffron threads, serve immediately.