Scallop Mousseline Stuffed Lobster Tail
- 6 whole Raw Lobster Tail Meat (3 oz, 85 g)
- ½ lb (227 g) Scallops
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Heavy Cream
- ½ Bulb Fennel, finely chopped
- ¼ Red Pepper, finely chopped
- ½ tbsp (7.5 ml) Fresh Parsley, chopped
- ½ Egg White
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Olive Oil
- ¼ tsp (1.2 ml) Turmeric
- to taste Salt
- to taste Black Pepper
- Heat water in medium pot.
- Place a thermometer into the water to ensure the temperature is approximately 165° F (75° C).
- Heat oil in sauté pan; sweat fennel and red peppers for 2-3 minutes.
- Add turmeric and allow to cool.
- Put scallops into a food processor and pulse. Add cream and process until smooth then fold in egg white. If necessary, put through a tamis to remove any lumps.
- Fold in fennel and red peppers, season with salt and black pepper.
- Layout a piece of plastic wrap.
- Score lobster tails in between each loin and fill with scallop mousseline filling and roll up tightly.
- Poach in water for 6 to 9 minutes. Let rest before slicing.
Method for Serving
- Slice each tail on the bias.
- Serve warm with grains or chilled with greens.
- Left over mousseline will last a few days in the refrigerator or can be frozen for later use.