Lobster Sandwich with Coconut Masala Spread
- ½ lb (227 g) Raw Lobster CK (Claw and Knuckle) Meat
- ½ lb (227 g) Unsalted Butter
- 8 whole Bacon Strips, cooked
- 4 whole Ciabatta Buns or Crusty Bread
- 2 whole Plum Tomatoes, sliced lengthwise
- 1 package Sprouts
- Bring the butter to a poaching temperature of 160-165° F (70-75° C).
- Poach the lobster until desired doneness (3-5 minutes)
Method for Serving
- Cut ciabatta buns in half lengthwise.
- Spread some of the coconut masala spread onto the buns.
- Build sandwiches from the bottom up; sprouts, bacon, tomato and lobster claws.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves.
How to make Coconut Masala Spread
- 2 cups (500 ml) Mascarpone Cheese
- ½ cup (125 ml) Coconut Milk
- ½ Onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15ml) Olive Oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Fresh Ginger, grated
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Curry Powder
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) Fennel Seed, ground
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) Cloves, ground
- Soften mascarpone cheese.
- Heat oil in a sauté pan; add onions and caramelize over low heat.
- Add garlic and continue cooking for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add curry powder, fennel seeds and cloves then add ginger and coconut milk.
- Continue to cook out spices and onions; allowing coconut milk to reduce.
- Puree and allow to cool.
- Fold caramelized onion mixture into mascarpone cheese.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.