Deep Fried Soft Shell Crab
- 6 Soft Shell Crabs
- 1 Cup Egg Whites
- 1 Cup Ice Water
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour, Sifted
- 1 TBSP Sea Salt
- 2 TSP Black Pepper
- 1 TSP Celery Salt
Method for Serving
- Start with thawed and dressed soft shell crabs.
- Whisk together 50% egg whites and 50% ice water. Set aside and keep cold.
- Whisk together the sifted all-purpose flour, salt, pepper and celery salt.
- Dredge soft crabs in the egg white batter.
- Dredge soft crabs in the flour mixture.
- Place soft crab in deep fryer at 375°F for 3 minutes. Cooking times will vary depending on the size of the crabs.
- Turn soft crabs while cooking.
- Fry soft crabs until golden brown and crispy.
- Place soft crabs on wire rack or paper towel-lined tray for one minute to drain.
- For quick plating, serve deep fried soft crabs with French fries and coleslaw.